The Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)® recognizes the advanced experience, skills, and performances necessary to manage and align a portfolio of projects and programs to realize organizational strategy and objectives. PfMP certification holders oversee the success of one or more portfolios, balanced conflict demands between programs and projects, and allocates resource based on organizational priorities and capacities.
Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) Certification Training Overview
Portfolio management is the most effective way to implement strategic initiatives because it bridges the gap between strategies and implementations. Portfolio management professionals assist organizations that are effective in 62 percent of products that meet or exceed expected ROI accordingly to our 2012 pulse of the Profession® research. The Portfolio managers align projects, programs, and operations with strategic objectives, investing resources in the right works to deliver the expected values.
Among the job positions that may benefit from PfMP certification training include:
- For five to seven years, PMI deals with Role Delineation Studies in every certification.
- A third party is independent of PMI, deals with the study, and includes PMI volunteers around the world.
- Individuals discuss the specific roles associated with each certification and the tasks and responsibilities expected are being to perform.
- To provide a blueprint for the exam and links the exam questions to the role.
- Portfolio management planned to support effective decision-making.
- Portfolio Managers strive for a balanced and optimized portfolio to achieve strategic portfolio objectives.
- Possess advanced business knowledge and specialized grant competencies to enable organizational agility and success.
PfMP ONLINE TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
The examination details the percentage of questions contained in each performance domain. The following represents the percentage of questions in each of the five performance domains included in the examination.
Percentage of Items in Exam
Portfolio Risk Management
PMI Portfolio Management Professional
PfMP Exam Cost
For PMI Members $800.00 and for Non-Members $1,000.00
Multiple Choice and Multi-Response Questions
Above Target / Target / Below Target / Needs Improvement
Choose Your Preferred Learning Mode
Customized schedule Learn at your dedicated hour Instant clarification of doubt Guaranteed to run
Flexibility, Convenience & Time Saving More Effective Learning Cost Savings
Anytime – Across The Globe Hire A Trainer At Your Own Pace Customized Corporate Training
Get In TOUCH
Frequently Asked Questions
The eligibility requirements for each certification will be on these web pages and detailed in each respective certification handbook. Please link the suitable certification handbook for complete guidelines.
PfMP designs for experience projects and program managers looking to advance in their careers, supporting their organization’s project portfolio and leading complex programs.
PMO consultants, financial, marketing, and operational executives in a position to influence and contributes to organizational strategies are also eligible.
To pass the sequence of evaluations to get PfMP certification. The process takes almost 60 days to complete.
Evaluation 1 Panel Review: The initial evaluation can occur through the review of an extensive application during the panel portfolio managers will assess the professional experience based on the responses to the Portfolio Management Experience Summaries provide on the application.
Evaluation 2 Multiple-Choice Examination: The next step that can occur with the multiple-choice examination is to demonstrate competence in both situational and scenario-based questions.
To earn PfMP credential and need to meet the experience requirements and pass both the panel reviews and PfMP examination, a 170-question, multiple-choice exam. Regardless of the advanced portfolio management experiences might be still preparing vigorously for the exam.
PfMP certification is to gain respect in project management circles. To gives a cutting edge in the space of project management. Many employers see it as a powerful asset or knowledge in the organization. However, one thing is for sure, it increases the confidence as a Project professional.
- PfMP certification will help to get recognized and gain attention in the organization. It considers globally respected in practice for portfolio management.
- This certification will get real hands-on experience in Portfolio analysis and will study to make the user of best practices in portfolio management.
- Professionals like senior project managers, Account managers, and PMOs are the best fit for this certification, and according to a survey Certified PfMP earns 20% more than the non-certified.
PfMP certification is the best choice for those who are senior-level practitioners and are managing the projects line up with the organization. When starting to prepare for the exam,
- Try to collect all the information related to the project portfolios and create a blueprint with the help of main topics for easier starting the studying.
- Take online courses to get study material. It included the bulks of practice sets of questions that will help with the strengths and weaknesses.
- Find good resources and study guides by downloading the PMBOK Guide from PMI.
The certification qualifying process includes a sequence test that passes and takes four weeks to complete. In the first evaluation, portfolio managers will test your professional experience on the portfolio management summaries provided on the application. In the second evaluation, multiple-choice questions are based on scenarios and situations.