Registered Communications Distribution Designer OVERVIEW
An RCDD is a level of certification awarded to information technology systems experts who have demonstrated proficiency in their area. Since 1982, the BICSI, or Building Industry Consulting Service International, has provided RCDD Certification.
Cabling distribution systems are intricate. Installing a large cabling distribution system necessitates a certain level of knowledge, skill, and experience Registered Communications Distribution Designers will facilitate with thisA Registered Communications Distributions Designer, or RCDD, will design a close cabling system for a brand-new building or adapt associate degree existing infrastructure to his or her design. An RCDD follows a project from its inception to its completion. A cabling project that has been signed off on by associate RCDD has way more authority, as RCDDs area unit acknowledged worldwide for his or her in-depth data and skills.To become an RCDD, one must devote years of study and work, as well as pass a comprehensive exam. This is why the assistance of an RCDD is critical in large cabling projects.
WHY IS THERE SUCH A HIGH DEMAND FOR RCDDS?
An RCDD is hired by anyone who wants a large cabling project completed safely and efficiently. The average RCDD studies the Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual for hundreds of hours in order to pass the comprehensive exam for certification. An RCDD should have a minimum of 5 years of ICT style expertise, or an identical combination of expertise, approved education, and trade certifications, additionally to learning for the test. By the time associate RCDD receives his or her certification, he or she is associate integral part of each stage of the development method.
The project’s beginning – The RCDD understands how to design a large building’s cabling in a safe and intuitive manner. They can also assess how well the cabling system will hold up over time, saving you money on future changes.
- The project’s midpoint – The RCDD understands project management and how to ensure that their design is installed correctly and safely. They can also make any changes that are required as different situations arise during the course of the project.
- Project completion – An RCDD signs off on a project at the end to ensure that it was properly designed and installed.
RCDDs are thoroughly trained to adhere to best practices and industry standards, which is why having an RCDD on any large cabling project anywhere in the world is essential. Furthermore, an RCDD maintains current working knowledge of the latest cabling technology by continuing their education throughout their career.
REGISTERED COMMUNICATIONS DISTRIBUTION DESIGNER® (RCDD®)
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS
$510- BICSI MEMBER/$725- NONMEMBER
Choose Your Preferred Learning Mode
Customized schedule Learn at your dedicated hour Instant clarification of doubt Guaranteed to run
Flexibility, Convenience & Time Saving More Effective Learning Cost Savings
Anytime – Across The Globe Hire A Trainer At Your Own Pace Customized Corporate Training
The Crucial Domain of the RCDD Certificate
To be qualified to require the RCDD check, candidates should fulfil such as academic and/or work expertise standards at the time they submit their application. The criteria are as follows:
Two years’ design experience and hold a current BICSI RTPM®, DCDC®, OSP®, or TECHTM certification.
Two years’ design experience and two years of ICT education.
Five years of ICT experience
This BICSI flagship program comprises the design and implementation of telecommunications distribution networks, which is critical to the development of building infrastructure.
There are several benefits to being a BICSI RCDD, including
- An improvement in your professional image
- Recognition as a Subject Matter Expert by the ICT Community
- Opportunities for new jobs and advancement
- Possibilities for higher pay
- A broader range of ICT job opportunities
Those who have attained the RCDD certification have shown their experience within the development, planning, integration, execution, and/or detailed-oriented project management of telecommunications and information communications technologies.
The domains and their relevant topics of the Registered Communications Distribution Designer® (RCDD®) exam are as follows:
- User requirements and needs analysis
- Site surveys
- Operational requirements, schematics, or conceptual drawings
- Coordinate with Architects, Professional Engineers (PE), Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), vendors, trades, design teams, and/or stakeholders
- Review and comply with standards, codes, and AHJ requirements
- Review and/or creation of:
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- Scope of Work (SOW)
- Detailed design, specifications, and drawings including:
- Structured cabling systems and pathways
- Rack positioning and layout drawings
- Grounding and bonding systems
- Telecommunications spaces
- Project documents, including but not limited to:
- Design drawings
- Project specifications
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Bid documents and pricing
- Record drawings (as-built)
- Support and assess the installation process
- In the sphere of ICT, this is the greatest award.
- Employers and the ICT Community have recognized it.
- Bids and job specifications both need it.
- Utilizes the Most Recent Technologies, Methods, and Best Practices
- opens doors and creates new chances for professional advancement
- Increases credibility
- Globally Recognized
- Designed with Your Career in Mind
- Meets the Most Stringent Criteria
Get In TOUCH
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY CHOOSE RCDD CERTIFICATION
- To complete your course, you have the option of selecting a batch that best fits your schedule.
- There are no batch restrictions until your subscription expires.
- We have a single-single batch for RCDD Online Training, with six candidates in each batch.
- Our instructors have a combined experience of more than 10-15 years and are capable of ensuring that you fully comprehend the course and its practical application.
- At all times, we shall be cooperative and supportive.